The mission of the Fenton United Methodist Men (FUMM) is to provide opportunities for men to get involved in the life of the church. Many of the activities provide opportunities for men to grow spiritually and provide a support network for each other. You have the power to join and bring new activities to the FUMM. Just attend our monthly meetings and bring your ideas!
Current activities of the Fenton United Methodist Men include:
Held on the 1st Saturday at 8:00 a.m. in North Campus Room 117
- 8:00 a.m. Business Meeting
- 8:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Keynote Speaker
- Pasty Sales: Our pasty sales support payment on the principal on the Fenton Family Life Center (South Campus) mortgage. In 2011, $5700 was applied to the mortgage! We also gave $1500 towards the 2011 youth mission trip!
- High School Graduate Breakfast: Every June, our church takes a Sunday to honor its graduating High School Seniors. We provide a breakfast to the seniors and their families prior to the worship service.
- Potato Dinner Benefit for the St. Andrew Mission: Each November, we organize and prepare Fenton United Methodist's annual Potato Dinner. Potato dishes of all kinds are served in conjunction with a silent auction to raise funds to support the St. Andrew Mission. In 2011, we raised $1100!
- PET (Personal Energy Transportation) Project: We meet in Hadley, Michigan on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 8:00 a.m. and in Ypsilanti, Michigan as required on Wednesdays at 8:00 a.m.
- Hanging of the Greens: The FUMM decorates the church for Christmas each year.
- Salvation Army Bell-Ringing: We organize our church congregation to be volunteer bell-ringers at local stores to raise funds for the Salvation Army during their annual kettle-drive. In 2011, we raised over $10,300!
Helping Others: Through funds raised during our Strawberry Festival (held during the Fenton Art Fair each August), the FUMM provides assistance to:
- The Gideons for Bible Distribution
- The Flint District and Detroit Area Council UMM
- Fenton UMC Activities such as (but not limited to): Flood Buckets, the Midwest Food Distribution Center, and Food Baskets
All men are invited to join the FUMM in any or all of our activities as we develop our life in the church! Please let us know how we can make the men's group more inviting and useful to you. Question and comments can be sent to: fumc.fumm(at)gmail.com